Monday, December 1, 2008

What a wonderful World

I was reading some of the celebrity playlists posted on iTunes when I came across BB King's. When I read this, I just thought it was very inspiring, especially to read it from an 80-something year old musician who has seen so much of the world.


"What a Wonderful World (Louis Armstrong)": "It seems to me that everything we've talked about, at the moment, has been a personal thing to me. Now at almost 80 years old I look around and I see, like in that song 'I hear babies cry and then I think to myself what a wonderful world' because these children that are being born today, growing up today, will learn much more than I'll never know, and that's a fact. And then the way Louis sings, he didn't have a beautiful voice to some. But to me it was...that gravel voice, no one had one like it."

Inspiring.

1 comment:

Jess said...

Yo, do some Christmas bloggin'!