Friday, October 30, 2009

Halloween Playlist!!!

Yes, I love many kinds of music.

This is evident in this Halloween playlist I made for the October holiday.

Even if you don't share my EXACT tastes, I know you'll find some good tunes here.

Scarecrow--Beck




I'm Your Boogie Man--KC and The Sunshine Band



Fresh Blood--The Eels



Moondance--Van Morrison


Werewolves of London--Warren Zevon



Black River Killer--Blitzen Trapper



Perhaps Vampires a bit strong but...--Arctic Monkeys



Lucretia MacEvil--Blood Sweat and Tears



Ghost Riders in the Sky--Blues Brothers (I think it's better than the Johnny Cash version)


Season of the witch--Dr. John (again from Blues Brothers, right when they're driving through the swamp. Much more sinister than the Donovan version, and perfect for a Halloween party!)


Tombstone Blues--Bob Dylan


Mack the Knife--Bobby Darin (sure, the tune sounds pleasant, but he IS singing about a serial killer!)




Ain't No Rest for the Wicked--Cage the Elephant (so catchy!)


The Devil Went Down to Georgia--Charlie Daniels Band


Twilight Zone Theme song


Cemeteries of London--Coldplay


Strange Brew--Cream


Bad Moon Rising--Creedence Clearwater Revival (Um, EXCELLENT.)


Lie in Our Graves--Dave Matthews Band



Scary Monsters and Super Creeps--David Bowie


Evil Gal Blues--Dinah Washington



The Killing Moon-Echo and the Bunnymen (Donnie Darko Soundtrack)



My Moon My Man--Feist


I'm Your Villain--Franz Ferdinand


The Boogie Monster--Gnarls Barkley



Theme to Alfred Hitchcock Presents



Flesh and Blood--Johnny Cash



Bones--The Killers

Kiko and the Lavender Moon--Los Lobos




Love Me Dead--Ludo



Grey Ghost--Mike Doughty



Scare Easy--Mudcrutch



Blood!--My Chemical Romance




Evil Urges--My Morning Jacket




Spiderwebs--No Doubt




Sympathy For the Devil--Rolling Stones



I Put a Spell on You--Screamin' Jay Hawkins




She Wolf--Shakira (Yes there are pop songs that fit the theme!)




Blood Makes Noise--Suzanne Vega (go to Youtube, the original is better than this version)



Psycho Killer--Talking Heads




Wolf Like Me--Tv on the Radio (about being a werewolf, so duh! it works)



Boris the Spider--The Who










You may have noticed that some of this soundtrack was inspired by American Werewolf in London. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it. Same director as Animal House and Blues Brothers, the latter of which is my FAVORITE MOVIE OF ALL TIME.

No comments: